2 garlic cloves
2 cans or 3 cups cooked black beans (drained and divided)
1/4 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup yellow onion
2 drops dōTERRA Cilantro essential oil
2 drops dōTERRA Basil essential oil
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
1. Rinse and drain the beans.
2. Put 1/2 of rinsed beans (1.5 cups), yellow onion, garlic, red bell pepper, Cilantro and Basil essential oil, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
3. Combine with the remaining black beans and stir. If the mixture is too sticky, add more bread crumbs until it holds together.
4. Divide into 4 patties.
5. Heat skillet/grill on medium heat. Add olive oil.
6. Heat 6 minutes on each side. Be careful when you flip the burgers as they are very delicate.
7. While the burgers are cooking, cut up tomatoes, romaine lettuce, or other desired toppings.
8. Once the burger is cooked, put the burger on the bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomatoes, and desired condiments.
For a delicious side dish, broil some asparagus with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and dōTERRA Lemon essential oil.